Setting up your own data center or installing software on many computers is an expensive proposition in terms of time, money and deployment of human resources. Whether your main concerns are business continuity, disaster recovery or just saving money, there are many benefits to outsourcing all or a part of your IT infrastructure and services.
Cloud computing involves delivering shared resources, software, and information to computers and other devices over a network. Applications are delivered via the Internet and accessed from web browsers desktops, and mobile apps. The business software and data are stored on servers at a remote location.
The name cloud computing originated from the “cloud” symbol that’s often used to represent the Internet in flowcharts and diagrams.
With Cloud-computing services there is no software to purchase and install. Cloud-computing is easily scalable Many solutions can work for a business with either five employees or 5,000, growing as your business grows.
Cloud-computing fees for businesses are typically subscription-based. Our vendors usually charge you on a month-to-month or annual basis. The solutions we feature are relatively affordable and follow the subscription model.
Premium Cloud Services
Premium Cloud Services offer a compelling alternative to traditional, cost-intensive IT asset ownership. At the same time they provide a higher level of security, power, and control than commodity cloud computing services. Some of the advantages include:
- Personalized solutions that can support a wide range of CPU, memory and I/O throughput requirements.
- The flexibility to incorporate both existing hardware infrastructure and new virtualized solutions. Transition at whatever pace is right for you.
- Redundant SAS 70 Type II facilities backed by 24 x 7 x 365 monitoring and support.
- On-demand, pay-as-you-go scalability.
- Cost savings due to reduced hardware infrastructure and its associated management and maintenance.
Whether you require colocation in a central office or a data center, Sagewood Group represents facilities with the following benefits:
- 24 x 7 x 365 monitoring and support.
- A range of security features, including alarms and video surveillance.
- Environmental control systems, redundant power sources, multiple data paths, and multiple backbone access.
- A full-service MRC (Monthly Recurring Charge) that includes electricity, security, and environmental charges.
- Installation, call-out, and cross-connect services to other facilities and a wide range of ISPs.
- Flexible and scalable power options supporting efficient management of capacity needs.
Data Backup & Recovery
Protect your network and data from incidents like hardware failures, natural disasters, human misconduct, user error, and accidents. Many businesses that experience a major loss of data files may well be out of business within 2 years. That makes it critical to have an effective plan for restoring your operations supported by the right “discovery recovery resources.”
Data Backup and Recovery solutions provide your organization secure, automated off-site server backup performed on a daily basis. By letting a reliable ISP manage your critical data backup, you can be assured that your data will be there when you need it.
A Dedicated Server provides all the advantages of a highly secure data center environment without the cost and complexity of managing it. You get a high performance server (devoted exclusively for your use) that’s capable of delivering a wide range of applications.
We also offer the option of a fully managed VMware® environment. This approach allows the transition to virtualization without the in-house expertise and capital expenditure usually required.
Hosted Email Exchange
A Hosted Exchange lowers the overall cost per e-mailbox by eliminating almost all of the time and infrastructure required to manage Microsoft Exchange in-house. Operating in a virtual environment allows easy updates and protects against obsolesce. Benefits include:
- Easy Coordination: Shared and public folders, individual or shared calendars and tasks, plus group scheduling.
- Expansive Storage: Up to 10 GM of storage per seat, with optional e-mail archiving also available.
- Security Focused: A variety of productivity- and security-enhancing services, including anti-spam and anti-virus applications.
Managed Storage allows you to keep pace with innovation. Whether you utilize Managed Storage independently, or when it’s part of another Cloud Service, you’ll find it offers:
- A number of performance tiers capable of supporting the demands of many applications.
- Access to manage and protect your data from anywhere.
- Scalability of being able to purchase additional capacity as needed versus buying physical equipment.
- Reliability and redundancy for disaster recovery.
- Data protection in a secure, fully redundant facility.
Shared Web Hosting
A Shared Web Hosting service is for organizations that want a Web presence but don’t have the IT resources necessary to develop, support, or host it themselves. Retain complete administrative and design control of your site along with the flexibility to grow. Available packages range from entry-level to sophisticated e-commerce options. Common features and benefits include:
- An exclusive domain name with personalized email.
- An easy-to-use platform with a powerful Web-based control panel.
- Dedicated support professionals available 24 x 7 x 365.
- Constant server and network monitoring through high-tech Network Operation Centers (NOCs).
Virtual Servers offer a private, virtualized environment for hosting a variety of applications, including business continuity and disaster recovery solutions. Virtual Servers are incredibly flexible, and completely scalable. Virtual Servers allow you to:
- Have access to more sophisticated capabilities at a lower cost than purchasing hardware.
- Only pay for what you need. More capacity can be easily purchased as it is required.
- Benefit from next-generation capabilities as they come online (included as part of your monthly fee).
- Deliver applications to end-users at lightning speed.
- Get out of the hardware business. Since Virtual Servers are completely managed by your carrier no purchase or equipment lease is required.